In addition, you will not receive the letter notifying you of your first payment. Instead, to determine whether your first payment has been processed, you should either call the Claimant Information Service or access payment information on the "File Your Webcert" area of this website.
Some of the main advantages to receiving your payments using a debit card include:
- Saves time - Easy and quick access to your payments without waiting in line to cash or deposit a check
- Convenient - Withdraw cash at ATMs 24 hours a day and make purchases everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted
- Saves money - Reduce check cashing and money order fees
- Tracks spending - Free account information and customer service 24 hours a day
- Reliable - Receive your payments timely - no lost or stolen checks
In addition, you will have the option of having your UI benefits transferred into your personal bank account, similar to direct deposit. Citibank will include instructions for choosing this option when you receive the UI debit card package.
Report any address changes immediately to both Citibank and the Division of Unemployment Insurance.
When you receive the card, for security purposes, be sure to immediately sign your name on the back of the card in ink. You cannot use the card until it has been activated. To activate your card and create a PIN, you must call Citibank at 1-800-225-1115. Choose a PIN that only you would know. Never share your PIN or your card with anyone. You will be held legally responsible for all activity connected to the card.
Important: Hold onto your debit card. It is valid for a two-year period.